Industry: Admin and Secretarial
Job Ref: AT032
Skills: Data Capture, Utilities, Accuracy, GIS, Mapping
My client is a large utilities company with offices based in Farlington, Portsmouth, Hampshire who are looking for a member of staff to join their Data Capture Team/GIS Team
This post is an going temporary role, with no fixed end date.
Day to day duties would include:
* High levels of data entry
* Transferring information from Engineer reports onto In-House Nationally Used Databases
* Maintaining and updating computer held Mapping records of underground pipework / maintenance.
* Liaising with Engineers to confirm information on reports is respect of accuracy and detail
* Minimal telephone work
* Error Management/updating/amending
My client is looking for a candidate who can demonstrate the following:
* Data entry experience / Data Capture Experience
* Speed and Accuracy
* Good spelling, Punctuation & Grammar
* Ability to work alone but also as a member of a team
* Ability to think "outside of the box" & notice possibly discrepancies / errors
* Available to an immediate start with no more than 1 weeks notice needing to be given to existing employer
* Experience in using one or more of the following packages would be desirable but not essential:
GIS/Intranet Maps, Maximo, Archive Maps/Google Maps, MRPS, XOServe, Demolitions & Disconnections database, Columbus, Storms archive and DTS.
In return my client is able to offer the following:
* Hourly rate of pay of £8.08 p/h increasing to £8.62 after 12 weeks
* 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, increasing to 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays after 12 weeks
* Modern offices
* Friendly working environment
If you would like to apply for this role please attach an up to date CV with your application.
Contact: Portsmouth Jennie McGrath