£24000 - £26000 per annum
My client based in Gosport is looking to recruit an Installation Fitter to join their team as soon as possible.
Job Purpose: The purpose of this role is to undertake the electrical/mechanical fitting of a broad range of electrical equipment, predominantly to maritime platforms and MOD establishments, within the UK and abroad. Fitting must be presented for Installation Inspection, in line with detailed Installation Solution Guidance packages, and in accordance with relevant Joint Service Publications and Defence Standards.
Duties: The Installation Fitter is responsible for:
- the provision of skilled and generic electrical and/or mechanical fitting work, as directed by the Team Leader;
- maintaining an awareness of the Time, Cost and Quality criteria of the task in hand;
- working as a Team member, proactively and efficiently contributing to the main effort;
- progression through personal continuous improvement, undertaking training as required to improve and sustain high skill levels;
- ensuring availability for working onsite and offsite, sometimes abroad to CONDO areas. This includes occasional overtime and weekend working;
- working as directed within other departments, providing support where priorities demand.
Skills/Qualifications: The Installation Fitter should have:
- proven experience of electrical and mechanical installation;
- a working knowledge of the Health and Safety Act 1974;
- strong communication and organisational skills;
- the ability to work unsupervised, demonstrate initiative, and be comfortable in a team environment;
- an in-date Passport and category B driving licence;
- current, relevant electrical qualification and certification;
- qualification in one or more of the following key skills:
- Test & Inspection City & Guilds 2394/5
- British Standard (BS7671) for Electrical Installation (17th Edition)
- Fibre Optic termination and testing
- Fibre Glassing
- Working at height
- Soldering & Crimping
- SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level. Additional restrictions may apply on certain defence programmes.
- All candidates will be required to adhere to the companies core values and leadership principles.
The role is offered with a starting salary of £24000 - £26000.
For any enquiries please contact Claire Adaway on 02392 851111 or to apply please upload your C.V. using the link.