Senior Supplier Development Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Portchester, Portsmouth, England
My client, a market leader in their field, design, develop, produce and distribute specific car parts for the automotive industry, and are looking for a Senior Supplier Development Engineer to join their expanding team at the site in Portchester, near Fareham, Hampshire...
Focused on developing working relationships with Tier II and below supply base, product development, purchasing, manufacturing, engineering, and quality teams. Responsible for leading the solution for supplier component concerns, driving APQP, PPAP, customer interaction, supplier interaction, VA/VE support, supplier component development and approval and supplier cost improvements. Facilitates continuous improvement activity using cross-functional teams.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership to sourcing and development of suppliers with respect to technology, performance, quality, cost, logistics and delivery.
- Ensure suppliers are able to meet requirements for performance, quality, cost and delivery of components and requirements for IATF 16949, ISO 14001 and other applicable customer and internal system requirements.
- Conduct supplier audits, supplier ratings, risk assessments, cost reduction programs and resolve supplier quality issues.
- Drive continuous improvements for components and support continuous improvement efforts of supplier APQP management, communication and manufacturing quality systems development and application.
- Assist suppliers in manufacturing process design, support and validation for products.
- Assist product development in component design and technology development.
- Provide input for planning and implementing supplier sourcing and re-sourcing
- Facilitate and manage qualification testing that leads to the approval of components for use in products.
- Support resolution of supplier component related problems, including yield issues and failure analysis and more responsibility for cost improvements in the suppliers.
- Evaluate and recommend corrective actions to improve process yields for supplier products.
- Conduct and train suppliers in process design, experiment, evaluations and data analysis.
- Assist with new product development by working with suppliers to ensure that key milestones are achieved and products are ready for production launch.
- Monitor and track the progress of supplier’s development, internal conformance to standards and readiness evaluations.
- Train and educate suppliers on industry best practices and requirements to develop and improve their ability to meet world class expectations.
- Perform as the primary contact for designated suppliers and ensure that all phases of product development meet program timing and conform to required quality standards.
- Provide guidance and direction with corrective actions for designated suppliers.
- Work with internal groups such as program management, design engineering and quality to resolve component part issues.
- Support management with all supplier development strategies and initiatives. Provide input and direction on all initiatives in order to constantly improve the overall effectiveness of supplier development.
- Ensure that you comply and adopt the 5S programme regarding the organisation of your work envi